Mango Lassi/Indian Yogurt Drink with Mango

Today I am sharing with you a cooling yogurty healthy thing in glasses called Lassi...A sip of taste of India!!Lassi is known for its rich and creamy taste....Lassi could be prepared salty or sweet but it's a blend of very thick yogurt and topped with white butter or malai and served in tall glasses and I'm in love with both the version.I do prepare Sweet lassi once in a while to treat ourselves with the luscious thick creamy drink and Sometimes I prepare various fruit lassi like mango lassi.
Mango Lassi is my very very favourite drink...There's just something that I love about the creamy combination of sweet mangoes and tangy yogurt....So refreshing and fruity enough to flavor the cooling yogurt and zesty from the hint of rose petals...This Mango lassi is a cross between milk shake and smoothie.....One glass of this lassi is good enough to fill your tummy and can skip a meal easily.It was almost like the spring of my imagination had turned into reality and come to tease my senses all the way.Mano Lassi tastes best when it is chilled So make sure all the ingredients have to be chilled if not then refrigerate to chill then serve .Enjoy the mango lassi and hang on for another interesting summer special recipe with mangoes.....

Ingredients:

  1. Plain yogurt-1 cup
  2. Mango chopped-1 cup
  3. Sugar-2to3 ts
  4. Water-1/2 cup
  5. Rose petals for garnishing 
  6. Saffron strands-6 to 7

Procedure:

  • Place yogurt,mangoes,sugar and chilled water In a blender and Blend until smooth and completely combined.My version of mango lassi is runny not that much thick but if you want your Lassi heavier than use milk instead of water.
  • Serve in chilled glasses and garnish with rose petals and saffron threads.

Comments